Ever since the YAKA meter (new model) was introduced in 2019 with inbuilt systems to allow UMEME control and monitor usage with support cellular 3G/4G channel communication, some of our readers are still not conversant with how the meters and YAKA work.
How to buy YAKA
After the pre-loaded units have run out,
Mobile Money: MTN(*165*4*1*1*2#) and Airtel (185*4*1*2#) and then enter the YAKA Meter Number
Point of Sale: Pay Way, Ezee Money among others
Partner Banks: Finance Trust, Centenary Bank, Equity Bank, Stanbic Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, UBA Bank, Bank of Africa, Bank of Baroda, Absa Bank, Housing Finance Bank, Citi Bank, DFCU Bank, DTB Bank, Post Bank, Orient Bank, KCB Bank, GT Bank, NC Bank.
How to load a token on the Yaka interface
After purchasing the token,
- Plug the Hexing Yaka interface into a socket
- Load the token number and press ENTER (or button on the bottom right).
- If it shows ‘FAILED’ after loading the token,
- Kindly ensure the meter is plugged into a power source
- Input your meter number into the Yaka interface and press ENTER (or button on the bottom right)
- Load the token and press ENTER. The meter will show CONNECTING and token will successfully be loaded.
Important Hexing Yaka Meter Codes to note
|800||Total active forward energy|
|804||Check your Meter serial number|
|806||Reason for UMEME current operation|
|807||See your Current Meter status|
|808||Total instantaneous power|
|809||View the Tariff index|
|812||Turn off the low-units beep alarm|
|813||See the total amount Units active yesterday|
|814||The total active units of the current month|
|815||Last Yaka Token Date|
|816||Last Token purchase time|
|817||Last received Yaka Token amount|
|818||Return logoff TOKEN|
|819||Check scheduled Times for UMEME Power Off in your area|
|820||Total active energy for last1 month|
|821||Total active energy of the last 2 months|
|822||Total active units for the last 3 months|
|823||Total active energy for the last 4 months|
|824||Total active energy for the last 5 months|
|825||Total active energy of the last 6 months|
|830||TOKEN number of your 1st recharge|
|831||TOKEN code of your 2nd last recharge|
|832||TOKEN number of the 3rd last recharge|
|833||TOKEN code of your 4th last recharge|
|834||TOKEN number of your 5th last recharge|
|835||TOKEN code of the 6th last recharge|
|836||TOKEN number of your 7th last recharge|
|837||TOKEN code of your 8th last recharge|
|838||TOKEN number of your 9th last recharge|
|839||TOKEN code of your 10th last recharge|
|865||Check if your Meter is in normal mode|
Why am I given different units for purchases made of similar amounts?
- For every first purchase in each month, a discount rate of UGX 250 applies for each of the first 15 units. This doesn’t apply for second or subsequent purchase within the same month
- For the same 1st purchase, a standard service fee of UGX 3,360 applies as set in the electricity tariff.
- For any other subsequent purchases within the month, the service fee and the discounted units don’t apply.
- Please note that all the purchases are subject to VAT charge of 18%.
|No||Item||1st Purchase (UGX)||2nd Purchase (UGX)|
|1||1-15 units (Monthly)||@250/=||Not Applicable|
|2||16 Plus units (Monthly)||Dependent on the prevailing rate||Dependent on the prevailing rate|
|3||Standard Service Fee||3,360||Not Applicable|